Who doesn’t love s’mores?! These cupcakes use roasted marshmallows as the frosting so they are like s’mores on a cupcake! Also, each cupcake is only 50 calories!
Ingredients: (Makes 20 mini cupcakes)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tbs cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs vegetable oil
2 tbs unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup + 1 tbs water
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease mini muffin tins.
2. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix very well. Then combine the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
3. Immediately pour into the mini muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Let cool for 5 minutes and change the oven setting to broil. Make sure that the oven rack is 4-6 inches from the heat source.
5. Place one regular sized marshmallow vertically on each cupcake. Place the cupcake tins back into the oven and check every 10-15 seconds until the marshmallows are golden brown. (This will happen very quickly!)
6. Take the cupcakes out of the oven and press the marshmallows down using your hand or a spoon to cover the whole top of the cupcake. Enjoy!
Nutrition (per marshmallow cupcake)
1.5 g fat
0 g saturated fat
9 g carbohydrates
0.5 g fiber
5 g sugar
30 mg sodium
0 g protein